Lawyers are busier than ever. The average lawyer:
- Sends and receives 17,449 email messages per year compared to 0 in the 1980s.
- Creates or receives 8,552 other documents per year compared to 4,000 in the 1980s.
- Can expect this volume to grow by 50% every two years.
- Has fewer support staff today than in the 1980s.
- Works in a firm that uses insufficient document management software.
But all of this electronic information can be a blessing in disguise. The right combination of management and technology can bring tremendous benefits and ironically save time. In this article, originally published in the Washington State Bar Association Business Law Section Summer 2017 Newsletter Kevin Harrang and Marty Smith explain 5 steps that every law firm can take to create solutions to managing their documents.
Read the full article at http://metajure.com/download-solving-information-overload-problem/