LexisNexis VP Jesse Alexander’s Advice to IT Professionals and Legal Tech Companies
Today, we conclude the two-part Q&A with thought leader Jesse Alexander, VP for LexisNexis Managed Technology Services. Below, Jesse provides advice to legal tech companies about the issues their products must address if they expect to see widespread adoption. MetaJure recently announced that it is now available on the LexisNexis cloud, one of the most secure platforms in the legal tech space.
- MetaJure: What advice do you have for legal professionals and IT when it comes to evaluating next gen, smart tools that are appearing in the legal market? What do they need to know to help them manage expectations and risks?
- Jesse.: IT professionals have a lot on their plate. It is essential for firms to adopt technologies that ease that burden so that IT teams can focus on important and critical projects that provide their expertise. The more that can be automated the better. All that being said, technology always requires early adopters. So while leadership and IT should be working to bring everyone to a common technology standard, make sure that a forward-leaning minority of approximately 10% are allowed to investigate and use the newest technologies. While they will find lots of bugs, they’ll also find the next generation tools designed to make supporting the rule of law easier, faster and cheaper.
- MetaJure: In the DMS space, why is there so much resistance to letting computers read, index, and apply smart tags when this technology is widely accepted in other areas of our lives?
- Jesse: The resistance to auto-classification of discoverable items is based on the fact that the metadata and content scraped by OCR is inexact. IT professionals in law firms do everything from straightforward IT functions to eDiscovery and litigation support and security management. Their roles are high stakes and the possibility of failing to locate a critical document could be devastating. Having said that, if a firm starts with document and email management, such as MetaJure, it can begin to build trust and confidence in next generation smart applications.
- MetaJure: Do you think IT professionals need to think differently about these new solutions?
- Jesse: The more refined technology becomes, the more trust IT professionals will have in tools. Applications such as MetaJure that are able to ingest and retrieve critical documents are incredibly important. This kind of technology which provides ease of use, low barriers to entry, and accuracy is more essential now than ever before.
- MetaJure: How do you think legal technology companies can help the IT professionals inside law firms understand new approaches and overcome reluctance to new technologies?
- Jesse: The more legal technology companies can help provide tools and services to improve document and email management, as well as litigation product efficacy, the greater their ability to effect adoption.
By combining the efficiency of MetaJure’s automated DMS with the security of LexisNexis’s powerful cloud, customers get world class document management performance in a trusted environment – whether they choose behind their firewall or in the cloud. Contact MetaJure for more information at www.metajure.com or 206-535-7030.
I do not even know how I ended up right here, however I assumed this post waas great.
I do not know whoo you are however certainly yyou are going
to a famus blogger iin case you aren’t already.
Good web site you have here.. It�s difficult to find
excellent writing like yours nowadays. I honestlyy appreciate individuals like
you! Take care!!
As a Newbie, I am constantly searching online foor articles that can bbe of assistance to me.
Thanks so much for your comment. We’re glad to help.
Wow, marvelous blog layout! How long have you been blogging for?
you made blogging look easy. The overall look of your website is excellent,
let alone the content!
Hi, I want to subscribe for this website to obtain mosst up-to-date updates, so where can i do iit plese help.
Hello there, You have done an incredible job.
I will certainly digg iit and personally recommend to my friends.
I amm confident they will bee benefited from thiks website.
Thank you for another wonderful article. Wherde else could anyone get
that kind of information in such a perfect way of writing?
I have a presentation next week, and I’m on the search for suhch info.
Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you writing
this article and thee rest of the site is rerally good.
I could not refrain from commenting. Exceptionally well
Pretty nice post. I jus stumbled upon your blog and wanted to mention tat I have really
loved browsing your weblog posts. In any case I’ll be
subscribing forr your rss feed and I hope you write once more soon!
Hi, just wanted to tell you, I enjoyed this article.
It was practical. Keep on posting!
It’s very trouble-free to find outt any matter on web as compared
to textbooks, as I found this paragraph at thiss web site.